Fundraising & Funding Information
IATH helps fellows to raise external funding support for activities that
extend beyond the range of the IATH fellowship, such as travel, additional
release time, additional staff or graduate student support, and collaborations
with other institutions. To this end, IATH employs a full-time development
officer who can assist with:
- Identifying and soliciting grants and gifts from governmental agencies, foundations, corporations and individuals;
- Preparing proposals including forms and budgets, and reviewing and editing texts.
- Obtaining University approvals required for proposal submission.
Prospects for Funding - Federal Agencies
- The Foundation Center is the definitive source of information about private and public foundations, and also is a source of information about corporate giving programs.
University of Virginia Awards
Internal Funding Opportunities
- Summer Grants: Deadline September 1 for NEH nominations; October 1 for other University awards
- Small Travel Grants: Deadlines March 15 and November 15
Databases for Funding
Grant Programs and Deadlines